Friday, June 10, 2011

Heartland Border Walk for Multiple Sclerosis



So, it has been a week since the Heartland Border Walk for Multiple Sclerosis started (a three day event where we crazy ones attempt to walk fifty miles). I walked with a whole lotta people who actually walked the whole FIFTY MILES! I am so proud of all of these people... they literally walk their butts off for friends, family, and total strangers with multiple sclerosis. While I can say some of us started off the weekend as total strangers, we pretty much all left as friends... how can you not, after going through something like this together?!

Personally, I made it 14 miles or so on foot. I did ride a scooter for some of it, which helped tremendously to just sit down for a mile or so before walking again. I was able to share the scooter with a friend, Mindi... otherwise I would have had to have ridden the scooter the rest of the time when I DID want to still walk some. It worked out great!

I'm already registered for the 2012 walk. I can't wait!! My goal for next year? Walk 25 miles... think I can do it?? :) Why don't you come walk with me and find out??

http://www.msborderwalk.org/

1 comment:

  1. Ms. Emily,

    I totally agree with you........ we started the week-end off and total strangers, and now I feel so blessed to call you friend.

    I am registered to walk next year as well. I'll do all I can to help you make those 25 miles!

    God Bless you!

    Terri Greene

    ReplyDelete