Monday, July 12, 2010

scats-iated...

I have had a lot of time to think lately... losing your voice gives you nothing but time to think when you can't talk!! I've been thinking a lot in general as of late. I do think that too much thinking can be hazardous to your health... as one blog writer put it, it can lead to morbidity. I have pondered upon that phrase... wondering why self-introspection and reflection can lead to such a state, so easily, and so often. I've been challenged a lot lately, not about thinking too much (in fact, encouraged to think more, even!), but rather about how I think. I never realized how much I think about myself, what I want, what I think, how things will impact me, what it has to do with me... me me me me me.... yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk!! how self-centered!!! I'm thankful for the second (and sometimes third, and fourth, and fifth, and... yeah, you get the picture) chances to make things better and align my life with God's standards. Well, at least try... this side of heaven, I'm pretty sure I'll consistently fail, but at least that means I always have a goal toward which to aspire! Yet, I still have this huge mountain to climb... at least I'm not climbing all on my own...

Rom 8:31 NASB - What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

No comments:

Post a Comment